Parable. Boom and Fog
- Master - disciple once asked - why there are difficulties that prevent us to achieve the goal, divert us away from the chosen path, trying to make him confess his weakness?
- What do you call difficulties, - said the Master - is actually a part of your goal. Come to deal with it. Just think about it, and take into consideration when you choose the path. Imagine that you shoot a bow. Target far away and you do not see it as the ground dropped a thick morning fog. Do you struggle with the fog? No, you're waiting for when the wind blows and fog shatter. Now the target is visible, but the wind deflects the flight of your arrow. Do you struggle with the wind? No, you simply define its direction and makes adjustments when shooting a slightly different angle. Your bow is heavy and is tough, you do not have the strength to pull the string. Did you fight with a bow? No, you train your muscles, each time stronger pulling the string.
- But there are people who shoot from lightweight, flexible bow in clear, calm weather, - said the disciple offended. - Why is my only shot encounters many obstacles in its path? Is the world resists my forward movement?
- Do not look at others - Teacher smiled. - Everyone has their own bow, its target and its own time for a shot. Some aim to make direct hit, the other - the ability to learn how to shoot.
The teacher lowered his voice and leaned toward the student:
- And I want to tell you a terrible secret, my boy. Fog does not fall to the ground in order to prevent your shot, the wind begins to blow in order to take away your arrows to the side, hard bow archer is not created for you to realize his weakness. All that exists by itself. It made you think you can in these conditions exactly hit the target. So stop complaining, or the difficulties and begin to shoot or pacify his pride and pick a more easy target. The goal, which can be fired at point blank range ...